While the following is not exhaustive for all campouts, it should be a basis for packing for our next outing.
CLOTHING AND BEDDING
- Shorts and/or pants, shirts and Troop tee shirts, Class A Uniform
- Daily change of underwear and socks
- Handkerchiefs, tissues
- Bathing Suit
- Raincoat and/or poncho
- Hiking Boots
- Sweater and/or light Jacket
- Sleeping Bag
- Pillow (if desired)
- Shoes for in camp (Crocs, sandals)
- Personal tent
MUSTS FOR A HAPPY STAY
- Medications (must be in original container and given to Leader with written instructions for disbursing)
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Hand Towel
- Bath Towels
- Comb, Brush, Mirror
- Soap in container
RAIN PREPARATION (much is optional; for long campouts)
- BS Handbook
- Water bottle(s) (ideally filled to start)
- Mess Kit: Knife, Fork, Spoon
- Camp stove, pot, fuel
- Snacks (avoid snacks that might leave crumbs everywhere)
- Heat-proof mug for morning Hot Chocolate
- Flashlight, Extra Batteries
- Pen, Pencil, Pad
- Card games
- A 8x10, or 10x12 tarp, (or larger).
- 100 feet of nylon line (lightweight, thin gage).
- Extra large plastic bags.
- Pack their stuff inside their duffels/totes in plastic bags (suggestion: a gallon ziplock bag for each days clean clothes).
- Strongly advise bring a short-legged cot.
- Camera & film (single use camera's work GREAT!)
- Camp chair
- Fire starting kits
- Insect Repellent (no spray cans)
- Musical Instruments (no radios)
- Sewing Kit
- Individual First Aid Kit
- About $20 for extra candy, etc.